Welcome to ArtUp, a new, innovative approach to create a permanent collection of work by local artists for display on the walls of the Lowell Community Health Center at 161 Jackson Street. This permanent collection will be open to the public and will celebrate our city’s extraordinary wealth of creative talent. Lowell Community Health Center is a 100,000-square-foot facility providing nearly 50,000 people –nearly half of Lowell’s population – with quality, affordable health care, regardless of the ability to pay.
Here’s how ArtUp works:
- By clicking on the “Purchase Art” menu above or the quick links to the right, ArtUp patrons are able to view an array of 249 works, all by artists from Greater Lowell. These pieces were selected by the ArtUp Curatorial Committee from nearly 500 pieces submitted through a Call for Work earlier this year.
- You may view artworks by price range or by artist’s name.
- Patrons may then select paintings to purchase and donate to the Lowell Community Health Center.
- Half of the purchase price goes to pay the artist, and half benefits the Health Center’s annual fundraising efforts.
- Your donation will be recognized with a plaque adjacent to the artwork you purchase. You may donate a work in memory of a loved one or to honor a friend, colleague or business. Your honored designee will be named on the plaque.
- This artwork can be viewed, admired and appreciated for years to come by patients, visitors and through periodic art shows, receptions, and tours.
Thank you for your interest in ArtUp.